Preparation for the Histopathology FRCPath Part 2 Course in the EoE -Harlow
How best to prepare to maximise attending the course at Harlow-buy the 2 books below
Exam preparation-General Advice-Pathsoc Site
How best to prepare to maximise attending the course at Harlow:
PLEASE NOTE COURSE VENUE IS HARLOW: Park inn by Raddisson Harlow
Register with Vimeo (www.vimeo.com) to get access to previous course videos. Once you register invite me to follow you (firstname.lastname@example.org).
iPad users: I am also trialling an App which enables u to have access to some or lots of teaching material. To take advantage of this: you need to download App Studio Issue previewer soft ware from appstore-I will send you a link and you need to register-I will take your ipad the last Wednesday before the end of the course and download appropriate parts of the course material-including some with embedded videos.
SIM cards for overseas trainees-pleae let me know if you require a UK sim card-need to know
type of phone –micro/nano
Overseas calls of data preference
Transport to Venue from Airport: Overseas trainees: Do you NEED TRANSPORT ARRANGED FROM HEATHROW AIRPORT? Fees Apply-please reimburse me as cabs will want fares paid upfront.
Register with Vimeo (www.vimeo.com) to get access to previous course videos. I will send u an invite once you are here to later get access to videos on-line.
Remember that the maximum time of intense study that is gong to be productive is short bursts of up to 6 hours max per day with lots of breaks.
How best to prepare for the Part 2 Examination: Read Downloadable Advice from Pathsoc site
1. Cover Ackermans Surgical Pathology, cover to cover at least twice before the course: set time lines and then come to the course to see the depth and breath of cases that are likely to come up at the exam.
There are 2 other books: IMG_1783.jpg See below: Both are absolute musts-the blue book is due to come out again in Feb 2019 but it was due in Nov 2018-with push back on the date to 4th Feb 2019. Buy the old version-does not matter-its full of very useful exam type information. I have pre-odered 8 copies of the new version. Lets hope its delivered before the 18th of February.
2. Work collaboratively with another buddy
3. Attend at least 2 courses before sitting the exam-preferably one well in advance to ensure you know the depth and breath of the curriculum/entities. When attending the Courses try and relax in the evening-run swim walk -do anything but hit Ackerman!
4. Nearer the exam, get access to colleagues slide collections. The 3 to 4 weeks before the exam is a period of consolidatiing your knowledge and revisiting entities. Best way to do this is to look through slide collections that you have not viewed before: Alternately come on our slideworkshop at Harlow. Remember that the maximum time of intense study that is gong to be productive is short bursts of up to 6 hours max per day.
5.NEED iPAD with Appstudio: Username and password-we will filling in this detail during the main course.
Scan thro cases in my appstudio app (free use for main course attendees) with pictures of past past exam cases (about 18 sets-equivalent to 180 ases) most with model answers. Also a further 50+ sets of 20 cases with answers (some with model answers, eg VS1, VS2). These will be the sets used 'how to maximise my scores' and also the mock exam. Each set will take u 20-30 mins to refresh your mind of entities. Read the blue book for relevant updates in immunos and Gatuso for the differential diagnoses.
6. Follow advice as per pathsocsite downloadable document.